Focuses on startups that create DeepTech products and services for enterprise customers running on 5G.
SAN FRANCISCO – August 14, 2020 – MARL 5G, the accelerator program that focuses on startups creating DeepTech products and services for enterprise customers running on 5G, today announced the eight startups that will be participating in its Fall, 2020 Cohort Portfolio. The early stage ventures entering the MARL 5G program include companies developing human-machine interaction software, video streaming, AI-based robots and more. Each firm receives a small amount of seed funding along with professional guidance, perks and other growth-oriented benefits.
“This is a very impressive cohort,” said a spokesperson for MARL 5G. “Each venture represents innovation that we think can be transformative and disruptive to the market.” MARL’s goal is to build a community of early stage investors, startup founders, and corporate venture teams in the emerging 5G space.
In particular, the accelerator works with companies and people working within mobility, AR/VR, robotics and logistics—all of which will experience a huge disruption as wireless 5G technology spreads. The spokesperson added, “We believe 5G technology will be a key growth enabler in these sectors. We are committed to creating a healthy, vibrant ecosystem to make that happen.” The 5G enterprise market is expected to increase from $3B in 2020 to $20B by 2025.
The Fall 2020 Cohort Portfolio startups include the following companies:
- AWAYR AI (https://awayrai.com/) — builds domain-specific software products that allow engineers to model human-machine interaction.
- FEATHERCLOUD (https://www.feathercloud.net) — provides 5G based multi-access edge computing (MEC) solutions and specializes in video streaming. Our AI algorithm knows what you’re going to watch before you watch it.
- FLYUPAV (https://www.flyupav.com/) — is an AI powered dual mode robot, capable of being driven and airborne for the disposal of cargo, recreation, and eventually for transporting a variety of payloads. Specifically, in public areas, the robot can be used to clean surfaces and kill bacteria in the air using on-board UV-C tech payloads.
- SENSEGRASS (https://www.sensegrass.com/) — leverages a Soil Intelligence Platform for fertilizer detection and detecting crop diseases to improve soil efficiency and crop yield by patented Autonomous rover + AI Agronomist for Soil Precision.
- SPORTSTRACE (https://www.sensegrass.com/) — delivers recommendations for improvement in an athlete’s performance using analysis from AI-based tools and AR/VR software.
- SPOTKWIK (https://www.spotkwik.com/) — connects friends, family and certified reviewers on a collaborative online shopping platform to get reliable shopping recommendations.
- TECHSHELF (https://techshelf.us/) — Smart panels and SaaS dashboard providing real-time data from retail shelves – we address the “out of stock” problem.
- WE-CONVERT (https://www.weconvert.org/) — offers Smart IoT-based enterprise-grade Waste Management solutions for businesses and Government.
MARL 5G has more than 35+ corporate partners and over 50+ venture capital (VC) partners. Corporate partners make it possible for members of the startup cohort to set up Proofs of Concept (PoCs), a critical stage of development for an early stage company. The VCs partners are able to provide follow-on investment in promising startups in the program. The MARL 5G accelerator also brings in over 120 mentors to guide the startups through the challenging process of converting an idea into a marketable technology.
The accelerator also announced that the application process for its Spring 2021 cohort program has opened. Ventures from anywhere in the world are eligible and encouraged to apply. Interested startups that want to take their companies to the next level can pitch MARL 5G at https://www.marlaccelerator.com/apply/
For more information, visit https://marlaccelerator.com/