Five Small Businesses and Nonprofits in Need Receive $1000 Grants. Swyft Filings announces plan to GIVE BACK to five customers in need!
Houston, Texas – May 14, 2020 – Swyft Filings (www.swyftfilings.com), a Houston-based document filing service, has awarded $5,000 in grant money to five small businesses and nonprofits. The grant program was started to help support Swyft Filings customers financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent quarantine.
“Having a mission and core values is easy in good times,” said Swyft Filings President Travis Crabtree. “But in times like this, companies can prove their values are more than just corporate exercises. We know our customers are hurting and we want to give back.”
“We received over 200 extremely deserving applications and selecting grant recipients from such an outstanding and varied group of small businesses and nonprofits was a tremendously challenging task,” said Crabtree.
Swyft Filings also plans to feature each grant recipient in a spotlight article on its blog and social media. The grant recipients are as follows.
- America’s Gleaned Seafood: 501(c)3 nonprofit with a mission to reduce hunger by connecting the commercial fishing industry to local food banks.
- Team K9: a security firm that uses specially trained explosive-detecting dogs to help keep people safe at major venues, including concerts, sporting events, and tech conferences.
- Live Give Save: a Minnesota-based foundation that uses technology to help nonprofits generate new donations.
- Lave Wash Laundry Delivery: a small, eco-friendly, family-owned laundry business operating out of Fairfield, California that focuses on helping the elderly and disabled.
- The City Lights Gateway Foundation: a nonprofit community organization based in Harbor City, California that provides food boxes to 200 families per week.
“You have no idea how much this will help,” said grant recipient Philip Corrado of Team K9. “When all of this is over and we start to recover, we truly plan on trying to pay it forward.”
Other Swyft Filings customers received alternate considerations, including smaller donations, waived fees, and large purchases. Such considerations included food purchased from customer Fresh Greens Farm of Memphis, Tennessee, for donation to a local nonprofit. Swyft Filings employees were treated to a virtual yoga class from California customer Yoga Inside Out, and a private online screening of “The Underground” a film created by Swyft Filings customer Future Bright Productions.
About Swyft Filings:
Swyft Filings is an online business incorporation and compliance provider based in Houston, Texas. Since its founding in 2015, Swyft Filings has helped more than 100,000 entrepreneurs start and grow their new businesses.
Visit swyftfilings.com for more information.