Coronavirus tracker also allows users to monitor and manage the health of their family members!
Chicago – May 25, 2020 – As communities throughout the U.S. emerge from their stay-at-home restrictions, HealthChampion has released a COVID-19 symptom tracker that individuals can use to monitor their family for Coronavirus symptoms. This health monitoring feature includes links to the most current information about the pandemic and is included in HealthChampion’s FREE digital health app for consumers.
At the heart of this COVID-19 feature set is the ability to manually or automatically (through integrated devices) to track key vitals that are known indicators of possible COVID-19 infections. But HealthChampion’s COVID-19 solutions go beyond just vitals tracking:
- Lab tests. The HealthChampion app can securely integrate your test results, along with other medical records, from participating healthcare providers.
- Health journal. Especially helpful for individuals with chronic conditions, app users can also record personal health and wellness observations.
- Reliable information. The HealthChampion team continuously updates our resource center with curated content from reliable COVID-19 information sources.
- Family health management. Parents may also use the HealthChampion app to manage their children’s healthcare, as well as to monitor them for Coronavirus exposure.
- Elder parents monitoring. Similarly, consumers with elderly parents can also monitor and manage their elderly parent’s health (with proper authorization), even when their parents live remotely.
- Authorized data sharing. Users can securely share their health data with approved healthcare providers, such as primary physicians, specialists and therapists.
It’s Your Health (Data), Own It
We are awash in health data and medical records. In addition to the increased digitization of your medical records from every visit or call with your healthcare providers, our various personal health and medical devices generate tons of health data about us – every single day.
Properly harnessed, all this available personalized health data offers tremendous opportunity for individual consumers (and their care providers) to make smarter health decisions, receive more precise medical care and control their health destiny.
That’s where the HealthChampion app comes in. Available for iPhone and Android, HealthChampion integrates with many popular health trackers and digital medical devices on the market (including Apple Health, Fitbit, Garmin, Polar). Your wearable and app data can combine with your personal health observations and electronic health records (EHR) to allow everyone to create a more complete personal health profile, all in one secure cloud-based environment.
In the year prior to its April launch, HealthChampion has been crafting features and values for the communities growing around its health empowerment app:
- The 50%-plus of American adults with at least one chronic condition
- Parents of children with chronic conditions, including childhood obesity, asthma and diabetes
- Individuals looking to change healthcare as we know it by providing consumers with more control over the health marketplace
- Active adults looking to leverage data and digital health to maximize their performance
More than just a record storage tool, HealthChampion empowers individual users with the tools to put their health data to work. In its initial launch version, the HealthChampion app allows users to gather, manage and add to their personal health data file:
- EHR – seamlessly gather medical records from participating hospitals and health systems
- Wearables – sync data from many popular wearables, with more being added regularly
- Health apps – integrate data from many popular health apps, including Apple Health
- Health journal – users can record their personal health observations
- Timeline – an easy overview of recorded health events
HealthChampion users finally have the opportunity to view their full, unfiltered electronic medical file from participating hospitals and health systems. With one click, they can collect their electronic health records (EHR) from various healthcare providers.
Upcoming rollouts will include more tools and resources to empower HealthChampion users in leveraging all their data for better health. These scheduled rollouts will include the ability to share selected records with your circle of care providers, advanced dashboards to organize the growing amount of health data and an AI-driven recommender to provide personalized health tips and alerts.
Committed to HIPAA and Privacy
The HealthChampion team shares the nationwide concern about and commitment to both HIPAA and privacy regulations. We employ industry-leading tools and protocols to keep your data secure. Our company has earned and maintains a HIPAA Seal of Compliance Verification from the Compliancy Group, and all employees are required to take regular HIPAA training.
And while HealthChampion’s data sharing functionality may be worrisome, user data is never shared with others without proper authorization.
“We’re not just building an app, we’re building a movement,” said Terrence M. Ryan, Founder and CEO of HealthChampion. “We’re shifting the balance of power to the consumer – with the result being improved outcomes, savings, and a more well-rounded approach to their personal health journey. We believe that by giving more ownership and control to individuals, we can help address many of the challenges confronting our healthcare system today.”
It is only the recent convergence of both technical and regulatory forces that make HealthChampion possible. And thanks to the decades-long push for U.S. health data interoperability and standards to facilitate secure, HIPAA-compliant access and sharing of data, nearly 99% of all healthcare providers have finally gone digital with electronic health records (EHR).
From the very beginning, HealthChampion did not set out to build just another health app. Their vision has been to transform healthcare as we know it – by putting individuals in control over their health data, decisions and destiny.
Founded by Terrence M. Ryan, who also founded Knightsbridge (acquired by HP Enterprises in 2006), LaunchPoint and Discovery Health Partners, the HealthChampion team combines decades of successful experience in the healthcare payer, provider and pharmaceutical arenas, as well as leadership in technology and innovation.
For more information or to download this free app, visit HealthChampion at https://myhealthchampion.com/hcapp.